Day 99

Being a both verbal and visual person makes me appreciate a perfect balance of texts and images. This is why I was so pumped to find this book in a small cosy bookstore near our apartment.

My sister told me that this book is so me, which I concurred. I loved how the author harmoniously put together art and writing (e.g.: hand-lettering for quotes, watercolour painting for illustrations, etc). It almost felt like reading a children storybook for adults. What an enjoyable aesthetic read! If I were to write my own book, I think I would create something like this.

In general, I like books that make me want to do something or be a better person after reading them; not just those that fill my head with impractical theories. This part of the book particularly thrilled me:

What are 3 things that come to my mind first if I had one day to pursue some idea, activity, or project?
What do I do for fun?
What are things that my friends do that I feel envious about?
What do I do when I am procrastinating?
What are my fantasies (the healthy ones, of course, ha-ha)?
What activities that give me chills?
What are sights, smells, sounds, or sensations that give me butterflies in my stomach?

These are some good questions to ask myself. I gave them some thoughts and wrote my answers in my journal.

Let's choose to do what we must do over what we should do!

Book by Elle Luna.

No comments:

Post a Comment