Day 255

What makes home delightful is, without a doubt, the people I know. Living in a hectic metropolitan city like Jakarta makes it difficult to spend a good amount of time with friends or family. Having 'quality time' as my primary love language, I really treasure the people who make time to catch up with one another.

This is why I am thankful for the friends I have in this community.


While I was in Seattle, I often felt bummed for not being able to join the good catch-up in Jakarta. My FOMO (fear of missing out) has grown just by looking at the photos they shared in our WhatsApp group. Today, I finally made it to their most favourite hang-out spot, which is like the "MacLaren's Pub" from How I Met Your Mother.

We shared our highlights in 2015, overall rating for 2015, as well as our hopes and prayer for 2016. To my surprise, almost all of us gave 10 out of 10 as our ratings for 2015! It's wonderful to see how God changed our mindset so we learned to see life, trials, and tribulations from His perspective, not ours. This gift of friendship, gold can't buy.

What a pleasing way to close this year!

2 comments:

  1. and now I see this and had the same feeling

    ReplyDelete