Day 202

Netflix is like garden of Eden for movie-junkies and film-enthusiasts. Unfortunately, this "paradise" is only offered in 'the land of the free and home of the brave' a.k.a. the United States. I don't want to take Netflix for granted, especially given that it is not available in my home country. So I'm cherishing my 'relationship' with it while it lasts.

Tonight I accidentally found this film called 'About Alex' on Netflix. After checking it out on IMDB and watching the trailer, I decided to give it a shot.


Personally, I think this movie is underrated. I was immersed in the story and did enjoy every minute of it —well, except for the scenes that involve blood stains and body scars, but that's just minor. It is well-made and has convincing acting. As someone who is still considered as young college-graduate, I could relate to the friendship situation in the movie. The subject raised here is crucial and tends to be overlooked by our generation thesedays, so I hope many of my young-graduate friends will get to see this film and reflect on their relationship with their friends.

'About Alex' contains a good amount of humour, drama, and profundity without being preachy or heavy in message. The plot is not difficult to digest, I am sure everyone can enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment