Day 89

The mind of a human is needy. Well, mine is. It will be prudent when it's well-fed, it will get cranky when it's hungry. The question is, what do I feed my mind?


We have our preference when it comes to food and drinks for our bodies, don't we? Some people go for healthy stuff: vegan, gluten-free, organic, grass-fed, paleo, low-carb, and whatever that's basically tasteless ((LOL)); while some other go for the easy and more luscious ones like cheeseburgers, fries, pizzas, doughnuts, fro-yo, chips, martabak, and the sad list goes on ((cry)). It's almost the same with the food for our minds, I guess. We might not be mindful of it but the songs we listen to, the books we read, the movies we watch, the people we talk with—these are the "food" that our minds unconsciously consume. We can choose to feed our mind with what's delicious or what's healthy. Of course the outcome will be different, but it's really up to us. I wish the healthy and delicious ones could be a mash-up, though.

This week I haven't been feeding my mind well. I let fears and doubts crippling my head and so my thoughts waged war. It hasn't done good to my whole body either. I realised I need to do some detox and start nourishing my mind with the right nutrition. Paul was aware of this condition so he reminded the church in Philippi:
"I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditation on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse."
Just when I was about to start changing my thoughts pattern, I found a well-edited video (audio-wise and picture-wise) with some solid narration. What a meal to my mind. Here are my highlights from that video:
"Anybody can feel good when they have their health, their bills are paid, they have happy relationships. Anybody can be positive then. Anybody can have faith under those kinds of circumstance. The real challenge of growth mentally, emotionally, spiritually comes when you get knocked down./
It takes courage to act. It takes courage to start all over again./
Fear kills hope. Fear kills dream. It will paralyse you./
Don't allow emotion to control you. Discipline your emotion./
Accept where you are and the responsibility that you're going to take yourself where you want to go./
Trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.//"

What a timely message. Wish I had such dramatic music as my background sound in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment