Day 90

Do me a favour?

Please listen to this song or that song while reading this post. It's a Wes Anderson-ish week for me. Allow me to try my best, impersonating his type of writing in this post. Don't judge! ((LOL))

Plenty of well-produced films filled me with awe. Wes Anderson's have always been a few of the most memorable pieces that astonished me. Not many could fully grasp his form of narrative (that includes me!), yet it is unlikely not to fall in admiration with Mr. Anderson's quirky sense of art direction, the satire, distinctive characters, colour palettes, and well-chosen soundtracks in any of his films. The man certainly has acquired his trademark.

Among the remarkable fictional characters Mr. Anderson created, was a family called the Tenenbaums. Nothing sterling about that uncanny household. Oddly enough I identified with Margot Tenenbaum, although not entirely—only the part where she spends hours a day locked in the room and soaks in the tub. How therapeutic.


" These days, these days / These days I seem to think a lot / About the things that I forgot to do / And all the times I had the chance to // These days, these days / These days I seem to think about / How all the changes came about my ways / And I wonder if I'd see another highway // These days, these days / And if I seem to be afraid / To live the life that I have made in song / It's just that I've been losing so long / I've stopped my dreaming / I won't do too much scheming // "

Solitude aside... Mother, sister, and I were introduced to Seattle's Batak community in the noon of today at a park near Lake Washington. The heat was too much to bear and my body wrestled with pins and needles, but it was agreed that we found the gathering to be most satisfactory. All lonesome mood of long distance companionship with family and friends back home was erased by three hours of amity, cordiality and gaiety. Immediately after connecting with kindred folks, we realised that home was not too far away.

We very much wish father and brother would come anytime soon and make the new bond stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment