Day 198

Does unexpected change of plans make you feel:
a. Eager / lively / enthusiastic / hopeful, or
b. Uncomfortable / anxious / confused / fearful?

It's easy to guess what my choice is, right?

I mean, if there's a change in plans, I would cringe at first, and then slowly accept it and move along. But change of plans? That's another level of angst. It is even worse when the change has never occurred to my mind. How do I prepare for that?!

I expressed my concern, doubt and dispute to my parents whenever the subject came up. My mother's response was, "Today, if you hear God's voice, do not harden your heart." (Psalm 95)

And this is what I sensed God's saying to me tonight:
Obedience is the secret to joy. The Bible tells us many times in Scripture to examine our lives. Lamentations 3:40 says, "Let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord".

Once you've figured out how you lost your joy, you need to correct what's wrong.

Do you know what will rob your joy faster than anything else? When you know the right thing to do and you don't do it.

So let me ask you: What do you know you need to be doing but you're not? What has God told you to do but you haven't started doing yet?

The secret to continual, abundant, and overflowing joy is obedience. It's doing what God tells you to do. Every time you do what God tells you to do, your life's going to be filled with joy.
— 'Recovering Your Joy' by Rick Warren

Achtung... :-0

No comments:

Post a Comment