Day 188

Yesterday afternoon, my family and I went to the MS centre to hear a talk by fellow MS battler, Kristie Salerno Kent, who is an author, actress and singer. She was diagnosed with MS in 1999. Music and art have been some of the things that help her face MS.

It was very encouraging to meet Kristie and see how energetic she was. She seemed cheery and exuberant. She was on her feet almost all the time as she's sharing her story and singing one of her songs, and surprisingly she didn't experience fatigue! She didn't even get wobbly. Gosh, I want that energy!

Kristie, her husband, and their two kids are living in Georgia. She said, being a mother with MS certainly isn't an easy job but she's been blessed by the support of her loving and understanding family. Such an uplifting testimony. Seeing her in person definitely gave me hope to also overcome MS.

My brother was so impressed by Kristie's life and performance, he couldn't stop playing her song over and over again. He told me, "Kak, if Kristie could stand and walk like a normal person, got married and has children, I believe you can too!" My brother is a more hopeful person than I am. He-he.


Kristie once directed a short video 'The Show Must Go On', that describe what it is like to live with Multiple Sclerosis. If you're curious about this particular autoimmune illness, I encourage you to watch this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment