Day 184

I watched a number of different stuff today: a movie, a few episodes of The Office and Gilmore Girls. The movie I watched was 'A Brilliant Young Mind' (also known as 'X+Y'). What first got me hooked on to it was the trailer:



Notice on the first five seconds, the man says he's got Multiple Sclerosis. Yep, that's what made me look for the film right away. I think it's a good movie. I enjoyed it because it doesn't try so hard to be deep, even though it offers a thoughtful story. It has some potential tearful scenes, but I didn't shed a tear. It's different to 'Good Will Hunting' or 'A Beautiful Mind', I liked it nonetheless.

I must commend Rafe Spall for portraying MS patient quite accurately. He's successfully captured both the 'I'm not that sick, stop pitying me!' (prideful) side and 'this sickness makes me so miserable and hopeless' (pitiful) side of MS battler and I could relate so much to that character.


No comments:

Post a Comment