Day 92

I loved Australia; I loved Melbourne; but sometimes I wish I went to college elsewhere—in the US, for instance. . . Often I wish I went to Ringling College of Art and Design, or CalArt, or RISD, or Pratt Institute (but mainly Ringling or CalArt because those are where Pixar/Disney artists graduated from). Nonetheless, I was grateful for the opportunity I had at Deakin. Too bad it was too short, hence I only had a few of favourite classes.

Some of my favourite classes back then were Visual Narrative, Texts and Images II: in Quest of Story and Image, and Script Writing: Focus on Fiction. It's funny because none of those were actually my prerequisite classes (my major was Animation, not Creative Writing). I enjoyed most of the assignments and creative exercises the lecturers gave. They were stimulating, and made me realise how silly I was to leave my "creative-prompt" books in Jakarta!
I wish I didn't forget to bring these books along with me :( Now I've got nothing to help me kill time/boredom. Fortunately, I found a link that has 500 prompts for narrative and personal writing. I shall pick one of the topics listed there for my daily writing exercise. Maybe. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment