Day 79

One month. Wow.

At the beginning of this year, believe it or not, the thought of being here in Seattle had never occurred to my mind. I flipped through my journal book to retrieve the date I found out I was going to move out of Jakarta.

Here's what I found in my journal.

— February 25, 2015
Yesterday I did MRI exam and after 2 hours of tiring steadiness inside the cold uncomfortable tube, my neurologist informed me a good news: they found no new lesion in my brain! Praise the Lord! But he told me to take two days off for rest. I don't like taking sick leave because it makes me feel guilty. For the sake of my health, I did what my doctor told me. Another thing my doctor asked me that stayed in my mind all day: "why don't you move to the US?" 
Trust me, I would love to. If only it's as easy as it sounds. If only God opens the door. If only He leads us with joy. Trust me, Doctor, we will definitely go. But when? How?

And then I believe throughout that month, my family and I thought, prayed, and discussed a lot about that suggestion. I didn't get to write everything on my journal.

— March 22, 2015
I turned 24 yesterday. ((gasp)) After 21, somehow I stopped caring about birthdays. Getting older feels weirder and weirder each year since then. Ha. I chose to reflect on Isaiah 52 the night before my birthday. Here are my highlights: God Is Leading You Out of Here.
  • Wake up. Clothe yourself with strength.
  • Put on your best dress.
  • Godless people won't enter your gates anymore.
  • Rise from the dust.
  • Sit in a place of honour.
  • Remove the chains of slavery from your neck.
  • God can redeem you without having to pay you.
  • God has something to say, He will reveal His name to His people and they will come to know His power.
  • How beautiful are the feet of the messenger who brings good news of peace and salvation, the news that God reigns!
  • The Lord has comforted His people.
  • The Lord has demonstrated His holy power before the eyes of all the nations.
  • All the ends of the earth will see the victory of our God.
  • Get out and leave. Purify yourself.
  • You will not leave in haste or hurry.
  • You are not running from anybody.
  • God is leading you out of here.
  • God is your rear guard and will protect you from behind.

I have read that passage a few times in the past, but it was that moment I understood more clearly what it meant for me.

— March 28, 2015
My Bible reading today is Exodus 33. It is a conversation between God and Moses. The whole passage spoke deeply to me. Just as He promised Moses, so did God assure me that His presence would go with me. 
God said to Moses, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 
Then Moses said to Him, "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that You are pleased with me and with your people unless You go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?" 
And the Lord said, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name."

Fast-forward to July 7, 2015 (today) . . .

"The Lord has brought me out into a spacious place;
He rescued me because He delighted in me."

I paused my reading because the whole Psalm 18 made me shed tears. I was in awe of God's faithful promise and guidance. Right now, I am in a spacious place! And He delighted in me!

"God stood me up on a wide-open field; I stood here saved—surprised to be loved!
He gave me a fresh start.
Everyday I review the ways He works; I try not to miss a trick.
God cleared the ground under me so my footing was firm.
It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; He causes me to stand on the heights.
My ankles won't give way.
This God set things right for me.
That's why I am thanking You, God. All over the world.
I will sing the praises of Your name."

One month. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment