Day 77

When I am exhausted, I tend to go to the extremes. I will either: ponder nothing or think/feel too much. Unfortunately, I could not really predict the "schedule" of 'Mr. Exhaustion and Ms. Fatigue'. They are definitely uninvited guests that come unexpectedly and won't go away quickly.

Today I willy-nilly received these guests. I could only lie down on my bed, trying to find comfortable position to ignore the 'pins and needles' sensation all over my limbs and the awkward 'MS hug' around my waist. Summer heat made it even more unmanageable. I wish I could just throw myself into the water, but the lake was quite far from our apartment. The closest refreshing thing that I could get was cool shower. Water is, by far, the best temporary cure for my heat intolerance and my secret weapon to shoo 'Mr. Exhaustion and Ms. Fatigue'.

This whole 'uninvited guests of MS' thing, sadly, makes no sense to those who do not suffer from autoimmune illness (good on you for being healthy, by the way!). For them, it's like saying "ngga enak badan" or simply feeling under the weather—which pretty much is an understatement because it makes it sound like a lame excuse in order to avoid doing certain tasks. In our case, though, (or mine at least) exhaustion and fatigue are nearly paralysing. Taking a nap or lying down for a while sometimes don't make them go away. I can't and don't want to move. I want to disappear and come back with new "life battery". It's insane to know that this stuff exists in real life. :-(


When words fail, music speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment