Day 96

These last 7 days. . .

These last 7 days,
I have learned that trust in God is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living.

These last 7 days,
I have been reminded that faith has his eye on the One no eye can see, and keep right on going.

These last 7 days,
I have seen how act of faith produces intimacy with God.

These last 7 days,
I have advised myself to always be empathetic to people but never get emotionally attached easily.

These last 7 days,
I have read that collecting information about someone is not the same as knowing a person.

These last 7 days,
I have prayed for some of my closest friends to understand what is right, just, and fair, that they will find the right way to go, and for wisdom to enter their heart, knowledge to fill them with joy, wise choices to watch over them, understanding to keep them safe from evil people whose words are twisted.

These last 7 days,
I have watched almost all Wes Anderson's films. Here is a highlight from one of his films:

These last 7 days,
I have mostly tuned my ears to the soundtracks of The Royal Tenenbaums and The Darjeeling Limited.

These last 7 days,
I have urged myself to enjoy the moment instead of dreaming too much about the future.

These last 7 days,
I have been thankful for the people God's sent into my life—even when it seemed accidental at first.

These last 7 days,
I have also been thankful for the people we're introduced to in Seattle; they help us to feel at home.

These last 7 days,
I have learned to believe God's love is perfect and expels all fear and doubt.

These last 7 days,
I have become more assured that however "creative" or "imaginative" we think we are, God's ways are higher and His thoughts are wilder. His heartwarming surprises are what make this journey more exciting to go through (one of the surprises is finding out Bob Goff liked the artwork I recently made based on his quote on Instagram! He's so kind J)

These last 7 days,
I have believed that sometimes the best advice is presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment