Day 122

This is a no-brainer, but do you know what will instantly put an end to darkness?

Yes, light.

Whether it is in a form of a lit candle, a bulb, a fire spark, a lamp, a torch, or a match, once the light shines, the darkness can never extinguish it (John 1:5).

As a Bible reader and follower of Jesus, I have been familiar with the message of being 'salt and light' for this tasteless and dark world. I always wonder if I have shone "bright enough" to light up the world around me. A question that came to my mind was, how bright does the light need to be?

Just as I contemplated this light stuff, I came across these lovely posts on Instagram today:


Two "strangers" I've been following on social media just announced their engagement and they shared one of the most beautiful love stories. They have let their lights be seen by others by doing admirable creative things, and now they decided to shine even brighter together. Isn't that sterling? I am so excited for this couple! Hope I get a chance to meet them in person to learn from each other. ((follow Branden's and Sammi's inspirational feeds on Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat))

Now, I am not implying that one should get married or find a soulmate in order to carry out the noble task of shining God's light to the world. What I am learning from this contemplation is that partnering with other 'lights' will, in no doubt, produce brighter blaze. It is important to connect with fellow 'light-bearers' no matter where we are. In family, at workplace, in society, in neighbourhood, at school—who can we shine together with?

It is both a bold and humbling initiative to have, but imagine what will happen if we all do:




No comments:

Post a Comment