Day 115

I am a firm believer of "our best days are still in front of us" and "the best is yet to come". Mainly because I know everyday with God is sweeter than the day before and that gives me reasons to look forward to the next day. But like others, I couldn't always escape nostalgic feelings. Sometimes certain sights, smells, and songs make the yearning of those 'good-old-days' even bigger.

Lately I have been following my friends' experience in Global Student Program 2015 on social media. I am so thrilled to find out there's a growing number of Indonesian participants this year. Last month, my sister and I had this urge of crashing one of GSP sessions just to re-live the mountain-top experience. Unfortunately, we didn't get to find the best time or weekend to catch a flight to Colorado Springs. It would be awesome, though.

Now that this year's GSP had come to an end, I read how my friends (Jonathan and David), who participated, expressed their sadness of saying goodbye to their international friends and to one of their best summer training programs yet. Suddenly that post-GSP-syndrome struck me again. I began to reminisce those wonderful life-changing grace-filled 8 weeks at Glen Eyrie with other 36 brothers and sisters from 12 nations back in 2012.


Even after three years went by, GSP 2012 is still one of my most-talked and most-favourite things to share with people. Those who never experienced it, might have felt 'bored' or 'tired' of me overly-talking about how awesome it was. Me talking about GSP sometimes 'annoy' people just like what happens in this video. LOL! Sorry not sorry.

But how could I stop talking about it?

1. GSP took place at a beautiful solitary place called Glen Eyrie for 2 months long. We all know Colorado is one of the gorgeous states in the US. Colorado Springs? One of the loveliest cities in Colorado. Glen Eyrie? The castle is probably the town's best-kept secret!

2. People from all over the globe came to have relaxing getaway. Basically, everyone we met at the conference centre was nice and kind. It was a great opportunity to gladly serve one another.

3. It was a precious beginning of a lifetime friendship. 'Thankful' is an understatement to describe how I felt about the treasure from GSP and the valuable lessons from the secretly incredible leaders. 
I found my incredible BFF from South Africa: Zethu (who was my roommate at Aspen Manor); my caring mentors from South Africa: Thato and Kedi; my late-night deep conversation buddy from Mexico: Efrain; my Snapchat & Skype-mate from USA: Peter; my prayerful sisters from Kenya and USA: Naitu, Kavee, Jane, and Mary; my thoughtful brothers from Kenya and Ghana: Jay and Nii Ayi; my goofy pals who never cease to make me laugh from South Africa and USA: Lazzy and Sam; and the rest of amazing friends in our WhatsApp group, Instagram and Facebook who keep in touch despite the long distance.

4. The world became smaller when we made friends with other people with the same heart for nations.

I could go on for hours and days but I will stop here. As Drew Frazer (the director of GSP 2012 and 2013) said,
"Training is not the goal, living it out is."


GSP 2012 in 5 minutes from winda on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment