Day 107

Still got nothing interesting to share from my contemplation. These-days I slept when the sun rose, thanks to super-annoying thriller movie I accidentally watched in the cinema a few evenings ago! Now I don't even dare to watch videos on YouTube because apparently that horrifying trailer is being advertised there too!! ((frown))

I guess I am just going to share what I did, instead of what I pondered, today. . .

I watched two movies called 'The Road Within' and 'Vincent Wants To Sea (Vincent Will Meer)'. They're basically the same story. 'The Road Within' is the American remake, which in my opinion, has better casts and dialogues (maybe I was just not used to European/German way of communicating in the original film). Overall, I enjoyed the view, the narrative, and the characters in both versions. I knew nothing about Tourette's syndrome before watching these movies. It's fascinating to learn how people who suffer from rare condition live their lives. In reality, there are a lot of people living in different and hard-to-believe conditions. How am I going to act towards them? Living with a chronic illness somehow has helped me to tolerate differences more.

In the words of a friend of mine, "we shouldn't avoid or dislike what we don't understand".


After finishing both movies, I decided to paint one of my favourite sceneries from 'Vincent Wants To Sea':
((Vincent wants to climb a mountain))
Alex: "What if it sucks?"
Vincent: "What if it's amazing?"
Alex: "What if it's dangerous?"
Vincent: "What if it's exciting?"
Alex: "What if we die?"
Vincent: "What if we live?"

No comments:

Post a Comment