Day 109

My sister has this strange fondness for succulents. Each time she goes past the plants section at a supermarket, her eyes will grow bigger, and she will gasp and giddily yell, "gemes banget!!" Ha-ha. What a strange obsession. We all have particular obsession like that too, don't we? Something that gives us chills, butterflies in our stomach, and sudden rush of excitement. Something that makes us more grateful we are still alive to savour it.

It reminded me of a song in The Sound of Music:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things

Cream coloured ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favourite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favourite things

To name a few, my eyes will grow bigger and I will gasp in excitement whenever I see a beautiful sunset, colourful and good-smelling flowers, cuddly animals (koalas, dogs, bears, polar bears, lions, tigers) or even huge stuffed animals, city lights, mountain, pine trees, lakes, oceans, autumn leaves, solitary coffee...umm tea places, bookshops, wooden houses, fluffy blankets, cosy couch/bed, clear blue sky, clouds, donuts, iced drinks, acoustic guitar, art tools, flared skirts, creative book covers, and surely there are still some more.

I plan to make a full list of things that give me delight and enjoyment. I think it is important to list all of our favourite things—big or small, crucial or trivial, awesome or quirky—because. . .
When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


2 comments:

  1. Ga cuma succulent kok! Sama kakak aku juga gemeeeessssssss :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *insert teriakan super keras dan nyebelin yg bikin mama ngomong "HEHHH"

      Delete